Here is an amazing & healthy chutney using the vegetable Chow Chow as a main ingredient.
No lentils are required for this recipe. It is light.
The chutney goes well with idly and all types of dosas.
- Big onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Chow chow - 1
- Garlic pods - 4
- Red chillies - 10 to 12 no’s
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Chop onions
- Chop tomatoes
- Peel , remove seed from chow chow and chop into cubes
- In a pan take 2 tsp oil add mustard seeds and let it splitter
- Add urad dal
- Add red chillies fry and transfer to a bowl
- In the same pan add the chopped onions, tomatoes,vegetable,curry leaves and salt
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the tomatoes shrink a bit
- Transfer to the bowl
- Let it cool
- Remove the stalk from the red chillies and transfer to a mixie jar
- Grind to chutney consistency
- check salt and add if needed
- Transfer chutney to a serving dish
- In a tadka pan heat oil
- Add mustard seeds and once it splitters add curry leaves and pour it over the chutney.
Serve with idly and all kinds of dosas